Wednesday 27 May 2015

For me to live is Christ

To be the spouse of Jesus is to live for Him alone, because Christ is the beginning, constant and the goal of our life.

Following the example of Jesus, I, Sr. Monika Macwan made my first commitment to the Lord on 24th May 2015, along with ten Salesian novices, making the words of St. Paul as my motto: For me to live is Christ (Phil.1:21). It was also a day marking the feast of the Pentecost, which highlights the vital role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Church and of every individual. Rev. Fr. Godfrey D’Souza sdb, Provincial of Bombay Province, presided over the Eucharistic celebration along with the other eighteen priests. In the homily, the main celebrant highlighted the life style of Christ - chaste, poor and obedient - and exhorted us to relive the life of Christ becoming like Him, the hands and feet of Jesus Christ to all the people.


The presence of many priests, religious, parents, relations and friends brought great joy and encouragement to me. I pledged to God to be faithful to Him and to always live only for Him.



I raise my heart in gratitude to our dear Mother Provincial, Sr. Wilma de Souza, all my formators who accompanied me and the Sisters who have guided and supported me with their prayer and encouragement. As I have just stepped into the religious Salesian life, I seek your prayerful support to be a good and happy FMA all my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment